Your new home at Morning Ridge in Princeton, TX is like a blank canvas – an exciting opportunity for you to express your unique personal style and creativity. And since every new home at Morning Ridge includes SmartSuite technology, you may be looking for ideas on smart home décor. Cavender Homes, the Morning Ridge home builder Princeton TX, has several helpful tips to make answering the question, “How to decorate my new home?” a bit easier.
How to Start Decorating Your New Home
At Cavender Homes, we’ve worked to integrate our SmartSuite technology throughout your new home in a way that’s both seamless and convenient. With a Zipatile All in One Smart Home Hub on each floor of your new home, you have a dedicated smart command station that integrates all smart home apps in one place, keeping your home running smoothly and alerting you to any needs for repair or system failures.
Since our technology is so unobtrusive, you can concentrate on choosing beautiful furniture and accents to fill your new home.
5 Steps to Smart Home Style
Decorating your new home is exciting, but it can also feel like an overwhelming and even daunting task. We’ve broken the process down into manageable steps and provided smart home décor ideas to help you make your new home the beautiful, comfortable oasis you’ve always wanted for your family.
- Take a hard look at what you already have. Moving into a new home is a great time to declutter. After all, moving stuff you don’t really need or want is a waste of time and money. About two months before your new home in Morning Ridge is complete, go through your current home room by room and decide what to keep, what to throw away, and what to donate or give away. You might even consider having a garage sale to get rid of some of your unwanted items. As hard as it may seem to let go of some of your things, it makes packing and moving much easier.
- Define your personal style. A new home is a fresh start! Even if new furniture for every room doesn’t fit into your budget, you can prioritize and also incorporate small touches that reflect your style throughout your new home. And some of the hottest looks for 2020 can be easy and affordable to achieve. For example, an article in Elle Décor states that layering old and new items in your new home is right on trend. Mixing black and white to make a bold statement is another fresh look that doesn’t have to cost a lot of money.
- Ask yourself if your existing furniture is a good fit for your new home. It’s possible that your current couch or bed doesn’t really go with the style you’ve chosen for your new home. When choosing new furniture, choose classic pieces in a neutral color. This helps to ensure that your home won’t look dated in a few years when trends change (and they will!). When you choose neutral colors for your furniture, it’s easy to use accent pieces to add pops of color throughout your new home.
- Choose smart technology items that work with your décor. As smart technology becomes more and more a part of our lives, there are more options available for how to incorporate it into your smart home décor. For example, smart speakers are available in a variety of colors that will match or accent your interior design.
- Resist the temptation to put it off until later. All too often waiting to decorate turns into not decorating at all. Decorate right away to give yourself an exciting new start at Morning Ridge. You’ll be so proud of your beautiful, energy efficient new Smart Home when you do!
We’re Here to Help!
You can also stop by our Sales Center at Morning Ridge in Princeton TX to learn more about our exciting, family‑friendly community that blends the slower pace of life in a small town with easy access to the city. Our sales center is open daily at 1895 County Road 447, Princeton, TX, 75407.